The Ralph E. Hazelbaker Library started out as the Summitville Community Library in December of 1985. It was located in a storefront building on Main Street Summitville.
In I995 its current location was purchased and the small 1700 sq. ft. building was remodeled. At this time the Community Library was renamed the Ralph E. Hazelbaker Library, after a prominent Summitville philanthropist.
In 1997 more remodeling and advancement took place, adding not only more square footage, but additional technology and resources.